Welcome back to another edition of The Weekly Wow! I hope this newsletter finds you well. This week has been a rollercoaster of experiences, and I can’t wait to share the highlights with you.
1. Recap of the Week: Wow, did the recent holiday madness of Christmas and New Year’s swallow me alive or what? I’ve been MIA for a good while. My last edition of The Weekly Wow was over 6 weeks ago! Yes, things were really that intense for me. Thanks for your patience as I needed time to direct my energies toward my family and health. I’m glad to be back and excited about setting firmer boundaries around work and family life.
2. Work Chronicles: Last Friday, I finally published a blog post, and it has been over a month since my last one! I am on the struggle bus with family schedules and work/personal life boundaries. But this year is going to be different! The blog post was about setting New Year’s Resolutions for women over 40. It was therapeutic for me to write it and share what has changed for me with goal setting in mid-life.
What I have found more powerful is having the proper mindset rather than a rigid set of goals for personal development. It has always been helpful to write my thoughts down in my journal. I do love my hardcover journal.
3. Sweat Session Diary: I have noticed that I am feeling so STRONG in the gym! Probably from all of the extra calories I have been consuming lately. I might as well put it to good use to build muscle. My leg press and leg extension weight load are heavier than before! I am getting close to lifting heavy as I did a few years ago when I was well and not dealing with ovarian cysts.
My favorite thing to use in the gym is weightlifting gloves. They help me grip the weights and reduce the chance of calluses forming on my palms.
4. Family Matters: My three kids sure keep me busy! I honestly don’t know how my girlfriends who have more children than me manage their lives. They are angels and have more patience than I ever will! What I found interesting is that when I speak to mamas who only have 1 child, they also feel so busy and overwhelmed too! Being a parent is not for the faint of heart and requires tremendous amounts of patience, time, compassion, and energy. There is no handbook. What matters is love and showing up for your kids.
This weekend Elijah is playing in another club volleyball tournament that is 3 days long. I sure loved watching him play yesterday. He played so well in the last game, and keeping him hydrated is a must. He loves this water bottle because it is easy to carry and is leak-proof. I hope to get a lot of work done this afternoon and join Albert later today to cheer him on. Emi is starting a new college semester on Monday, and Chloe is gearing up for a ballroom competition next weekend.
New Year’s Eve outfit ideas: c/o JUSTFAB sequin wrap midi dress | another great sequin wrap midi dress I glitter envelope clutch | this sparkling evening bag is pretty too | similar bow gold dangle earrings | love these gold rhinestone bow earrings too | Halston Heritage Margo Half d’Orsay Gold Leather Stilettos | Gold Leather Pumps | Gold Strappy Heels
5. Behind the Scenes of Content Creation: When I was in Utah over New Year’s visiting my family, I was able to squeeze in a photo shoot. It was so much fun. My photos were taken at the Salt Lake Capitol Building. This place is stunning! I remember attending there for Senior Prom and was mesmerized by the architecture. What made this photoshoot even more special was that my sweet cousin Jeanine was my photographer and owns her own photography business. I am so proud of her and love her work.
6. Shopaholic Diaries: If you don’t know this yet, but I literally live in my athleisure wear. I really loved my Original Sculptseam legging from Paragon Fitwear because it flatters your tush so well. They came out with a new print called Wild, which is an abstract Tiger print. I ordered two with a crossover waistband in the colors of dark grey and brown and can’t wait to get them. I noticed that Amazon has one that has a similar crossover waistband leggings for half the price. This seems like a good option too for less.
7. Community Spotlight: There is nothing to share here, and that is okay. I am still building my community and becoming more consistent with posting.
8. What’s Coming Next Week: I am excited to get some work done for my blog and YouTube channel. It does feel so good to pour my energy into this. Now that the dust has settled, I really hope to get into the rhythm of things. There are a few projects that need my attention, and I’m looking to get them done this week!
Another thing I have been looking into is finding a doctor who specializes in breast implant explant surgery. This has definitely been on my mind. I had one consult this last week and have 5 more lined up by the end of the month.
As always, thank you for joining me on this journey. Your support means the world to me. If you have any suggestions, comments, or just want to say hi, hit reply or connect with me on @tothineownstylebetrue.
Stay fabulous and have a wow-worthy week ahead!