Good morning! Happy Monday gorgeous people! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. For Christmas, my husband bought me a new DSLR camera and we finally had a chance to use it. Albert and I are no experts in professionally photography. Learning how to use an expensive camera can be quite intimidating. But, it’s not going to stop us from learning and having a little fun.
Even though it doesn’t snow in Southern California it can get pretty chilly. I may not be in the mood for a heavy coat or jacket to keep warm so I love the option of wearing a beanie and blanket scarf. The beanie look is on trend and I actually love wearing hats! A blanket scarf is a stylish accessory and come in a variety of colors and patterns. Ilymix has the best selection of trendy beanies and blanket scarves you will surely love! They keep you warm while looking so cute and comfy!
This is my first photo shoot with the new camera. I kept looking at the photos and second guessing myself and wondering if they were good enough? When seeing the images once more I noticed my happy smile. It got me thinking about my endless quest for excellence (pros and cons). I also acknowledge the fact that my husband was willing to try to take my pictures for my fashion blog (high pressure LOL!). I began to feel grateful and content.
In life, we can be so hard on ourselves. I can find myself putting myself down. Pushing myself beyond my limits — leaving me exhausted and overwhelmed. This is the time where I need to silence the inner critic. To turn my inner critic into a compassionate friend. I need to learn to give myself a break (and others too for that matter). You see I am an overachiever. But, learning to give myself a break when I need it helps me so much.
Five Ways To Give Yourself A Break
- Give yourself some extra time to get your beauty rest. Go to bed 30 minutes early or sleep in 15 to 20 minutes and forgo checking your phone upon waking. Recharging your body is important.
- Relax and chill out in a steam room or sauna. This practice helps to soothe and relax your muscles and release toxins in your body.
- Relish in a guilty pleasure. Indulge in reading your favorite magazine or tv show and just let your mind wander. I do this occasionally to unwind my mind.
- Remove yourself from negative people. Sometimes these negative people can be your loved ones. Just take a break from them for a day. You can be supportive tomorrow.
- Practice observing your feelings. Identify what you are feeling and “feel” it. But, don’t internalize them and label yourself something negative.
For more ideas on how to give yourself a break — read this inspiring article from Tiny Buddha.
SHOP THIS LOOK