I received clothing from Chadwicks of Boston for free and working with this clothing brand for a paid partnership on other social platforms!
Knit Denim Jacket by Real Comfort has the classic look of denim but with the softness of knit – a Chadwicks exclusive.
Baby Rib Knit Elbow Sleeve Bateau Neck Top: Incredibly soft 1×1 baby rib knit top features a bateau neckline and a curve hem for a touch of feminine flair.
The Copley Shirt is 100% Cotton with a relaxed silhouette with side seam pockets and it a modern take on the classic button down.
Made exclusively for Vince Camuto x FabFitFun, the Luck Tote is durably crafted of wipe-clean, pebbled vegan leather styled with a contrast stripe. Tote: c/o FabFitFun x Vince Camuto Luck Tote.
My outfit details: c/o Chadwicks of Boston Lace Trim Pull-On Ankle Jeans, c/o Chadwicks of Boston Baby Rib Knit Elbow Sleeve Bateau Neck Top, Chadwicks of Boston Knit Denim Jacket by Real Comfort, round ratan shoulder bag, and c/o Zooshoo Report Lawren Sandals.
Signature Bi-Stretch Pant has a flawless fit with an easy wear pull on style, you get a sleek silhouette every-time! The two-way stretch fabric moves with you and retains its shape all day.
Comfort Waist Knit Denim has a smoothing waistband with a touch of stretch for ultimate comfort and figure flattery. Comes in 5 washes, 3 styles and includes a skirt.
Photography by Katie Stuart Photography.
Online Shopping Tips for Beginners
Happy weekend my friends! I am so excited to share this post with you about online shopping tips! When I became a mother clothes shopping took on a whole new meaning! It was once a fun and desirable activity. I loved spending time browsing sales racks, window shopping and scoring great finds at a variety of shops! Now with a tribe to raise, juggling each of my three children’ needs and schedules, and managing my full-time blogging business, clothes shopping has become an unfortunate inconvenience.
Don’t get me wrong a love retail therapy! But, most times it is finding the uninterrupted TIME to do so that makes this fun experience oh so hard!
Why Online Shop?
Since blogging two years ago I have become well acquainted with online shopping. I have to say that I love it! It has made my life easier and freed up time for me to do other things that I tend to put on the backburner (i.e. fixing a healthy meal from home, tidy up the house, a car wash, little pampering time, etc.,). I no longer have to worry about my precious time being wasted on finding a parking spot, waiting in line at the checkout, and dodging the annoying crazy mall kiosk salesperson! You know what I mean?
This blog post is dedicated to my readers who are uncomfortable purchasing clothes online. I have done the research and have the know-how! There are many reasons why someone could be wary of buying clothes online (security, quality, return policy, fit). Don’t let those reasons stop you. I am here to provide you with valuable tips to make your first online shopping experience or next one easy and more purposeful. Let’s get started, shall we?
6 Online Shopping Tips for Beginners
1. Padlock Icon: It is important to make sure the site you are visiting is secure. If it is a secure site its URL will read like this “https://www.example.com” instead of “http://www.example.com”. Make sure that the padlock icon in the search box. If it is not, do not shop there.
2. Coupon Hunter: Do a little research and find out if there are coupon codes available for the shop. I do this all the time and sometimes I have found a discount code that I could use right away. Take advantage of the savings, be it free shipping, buy one get one free or half off, percentage off, shipping upgrade, etc.,
3. Policies & Procedures: Before checking out make sure you thoroughly read the return and exchange procedures. Every online store is different and some are easier to find than others. I find that I frequent shops with easy and/or free return and exchange policies. This is my favorite aspect of online shopping – no gas is necessary. Saves you on extra trips to the store and shopping mall!
4. Size Charts: Okay, this one can get sticky. Size charts varying from different brands and companies. I have found that first I need to be familiar with my own measurements. I need to know my exact bra size, waist, hips, and inseam. So, pay attention to your numbers and match them the best with the size charts. Once, you become familiar with a brand and hopefully, they have a great return and exchange policy, ordering online will be a breeze!
Tip: I always have a flexible measuring tape and ruler out when I need to order something online (especially with handbags and sunglasses).
5. Walk Away: Learning to control your shopping impulse in a plus. Why buy something you don’t need or want? Just because it is on sale doesn’t mean you need to buy it! With online shopping, you are much more conscientious of your selection because you can research and read reviews. I think this is one of the most helpful aspects of online shopping! Sometimes, all you want to do is browse, drop things in your shopping cart and walk away. After a few days, you still find that you want it, then, by all means, buy it! LOL!
P.S. Sometimes the company will send you an email alerting you of left items in your cart and offer a discount code. This may be the incentive you need to make that purchase!
6. Risk Aversion: Online purchases are best made with a credit card. Why? Because your credit card company can protect you from any fraudulent activity. Using a debit bank card puts you more at risk if your security has been compromised.
Tip: Have a dedicated credit card for online purchases only, this will allow you to track your purchase activity. Doing this will also help you pinpoint any suspicious activity easier if any happen to occur.
What do you think of my 6 online shopping tips? I invite you to forward these tips to a friend or family member who may be new to shopping online or who would find this helpful! As always thank you so much for stopping by! See you on Monday for another fabulous blog post where I am sharing with you FabFitFun’s Fall 2018 Subscription Box!
SHOP HERE: OUTFIT INSPIRATION IDEAS
Follow me on Instagram.