I received compensation from Bayer Consumer Health, makers of MiraLAX® to write this post. MiraLAX® is a laxative used to treat occasional constipation. All opinions are entirely my own. #ReliefMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Save on any MiraLAX® product with this coupon.
I am passionate about living an active lifestyle. A part of becoming healthy is having a conscious awareness of your body. Your quality of life depends on how your body operates and functions. We all know how important it is to stay regular. When you are, you feel great. When you are not, life won’t be as smooth. Occasional constipation is actually pretty common. At one point or another up to 80% of people are estimated to suffer from it. I am here to share with you a few food tips and lifestyle tricks for digestive health. Now, let’s get to it, shall we?
6 Food Tips and Lifestyle Tricks for Digestive Health
1. Use the bathroom every morning. Don’t carry the extra weight in your abdomen and toxins your body is trying to get rid off. Don’t delay nature’s call. Make it a habit to eliminate every morning. If you ignore, your natural urge to evacuate, more water is absorbed from your stools making it harder.
Tip: Each morning I add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink it. This easy cocktail helps gets things running smoothly.
2. Exercise on the regular. Staying physically active makes your digestion system very happy. Whatever your form of exercise is, it will help keep you balanced and regular. Walking the most simple form of physical activity will help support a healthy digestive system. Exercise will aid in regular bowel movements helping you stay on track and feeling light and easy. Getting at least 30 minutes of exercise most days of the week will do the trick.
3. Eat a high fiber diet. Beans, lentils, fruits, and vegetables are your friends. Incorporating a variety of these kinds of foods will ensure an easy exit if you know what I mean!?! These type of fiber-rich foods contain a mixture of insoluble and soluble fiber in different proportions. Eating enough of it is good for your gut health. Aim for 21 to 38 grams of fiber daily.
4. Give fiber supplements a try. If you have a hard time meeting your fiber requirements. Try a supplement. Over-the-counter fiber supplements help to keep your stool soft and regular. Available in multiple forms such as chewables (my preference), powders, and caplets.
5. Drink a glass of water. Dehydration leads to many health issues one of them is occasional constipation. Keeping yourself properly hydrated, especially if you are increasing your fiber content. Just 8 glasses of water a day will help you stay properly hydrated.
Tip: Incorporating a splash of lemon to your water.
6. Make a smoothie. Drinking a smoothie combines tip #3 and #5 by combining fiber-rich foods with liquid. I love having a smoothie every day. It is especially helpful when I am a rush and need to get some good nutrition in my body. It provides both the hydration I need as well as the bulk for proper elimination.
Looking to pick up MiraLAX® and MiraLAX Mix-N-Pax®? Check out your closest RiteAid!
Tip: I add MiraLAX® to my Berry Spinach Smoothie to relieve my occasional constipation. See my favorite smoothie recipe below!
Berry Spinach Smoothie
Get a delicious helping of berries and spinach for a delightfully healthy smoothie drink. Easy to make and taste great!
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, or a mix (frozen is better)
- 3 cups 3 cups spinach (packed)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 large banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 handful ice
Put the berries and spinach in the blender first. Add the yogurt, banana, and apple juice. Process the mixture in your blender. Scrape down as needed. Blend until smooth and serve.
If the smoothie is too thick to blend, add milk or a non-dairy alternative as needed to blend. If it is too runny add more spinach/berries and/or ice to thicken. Play with it to get the consistency that you like.
Let’s Get Things Moving
Sometimes, our bodies can be quite unpredictable. You may find yourself needing a little help in getting things operating smoothly. When you find yourself bound up and need a little help in getting relief MiraLAX® is here to the rescue. MiraLAX® provides effective relief from occasional constipation. Because it works with the body, MiraLAX® provides a gentle experience and doesn’t cause harsh side effects such as bloating, gas, cramps, or sudden urgency.
MiraLAX® is a safe and effective brand you can trust. It is easy to take and gentle for your body (use as directed). I have tried many brands in my lifetime and by far MiraLAX® works great for me. I appreciate that doesn’t cause harsh side effects that put my tummy in knots. MiraLAX® is different from stimulant laxatives. It is gentle on the body while still being effective in relieving occasional constipation. Stimulant laxative pills make your body go by forcefully stimulating the nerves in your colon. MiraLAX® works with the water in your body to hydrate, soften, and ease, unblocking your system naturally. How nice!
Save on any MiraLAX® product with this coupon.