Photography by Katie Stuart Photography.
Shop my look: c/o JCPenney Nike crew neck t-shirt, c/o JCPenney Nike long sleeved vintage hoodie, c/o JCPenny Nike colorblock workout leggings, c/o JCPenney Nike Tajun running shoes, c/o JCPenney strappy seamless bra, and c/o JCPenney mini backpack (similar here).
5 Fall Fitness Tips for You
September 23rd marks the first day of autumn! I love this season because temperatures are cool, layered looks are in, fall foliage is fabulous, and let’s not forget — all things pumpkin! Fall is a great time to start a new fitness routine or spruce up one you currently have. Be more proactive with your health and wellness now. It is the perfect time to fall into shape! Get it !?! Take advantage of the brisk, beautiful fall days coming your way. My 5 fall fitness tips will set you up with a good routine before the winter months roll in! Now, let’s get to it!
My 5 Fall Fitness Tips for You
1. Step outside. Take advantage of the weather and get your workout done outdoors. Running, hiking, walking, and cycling are perfect activities to embark on. The crisp hair and beautiful array of fall leaves will leave your senses renewed and energized. If you have a dog, take your furry friend on a walk and play in the leaves together! Grab your kids and make it a family affair to incorporate fitness!
2. Fitness fusion. Merge your everyday life with fitness. We have all heard it before…park your car further from the market, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and getting a workout sesh during lunch hour. All of these practices make a difference. Just little shifts like these really do make a difference! Tip: For your next meeting, suggest a walking one!
3. Renew yourself. Another component to fitness is your wellness….your emotional/spiritual state of being is key. Take the time to stretch properly after exercise. Better yet, book yourself a therapeutic massage session. Find a time during the day to meditate. Another one, that hits home for me is adding yoga practice. Practice self-love. Spend time alone with yourself or with a friend.
4. Have patience. Learn to have patience with yourself. New habits are not easily made. Don’t be discouraged when you have slipped up. Get back up and start anew with your fitness schedule. It takes about 4 weeks to adopt change. Staying consistent will help pay off. Don’t give up! It is worth doing, it will be hard.
5. Layer up. When the cool temperature turns cold it’s important to dress in layers. Your body needs to be warmed up before engaging in exercise and play. Once sufficiently warm, remove your jacket, cap, gloves, scarf or whatever you use to keep you toasty. Don’t forget when outdoors to wear some type of reflective material to keep you safe during the early and night hours of the day.
Well, this is it! They are probably tips you have heard before. But, sometimes having reminders will keep those basic and fundamental fitness tips in the forefront for fall! Do you have a fall fitness tip you would like to share? Are you excited about fall? Please, leave a comment below.
SHOP HERE: OUTFIT INSPIRATION IDEAS
Nike Athletic Shoes
Nike Sports Bra
Follow me on Instagram.