I received this product for free and working with Zevia for a paid partnership on other social platforms!
Photography by Jeanine Chhim Photography.
Shop my outfit: c/o PEACH Gisele Tank (similar here), c/o PEACH Vera Power Legging (similar here), black sports bra, and NIKE running shoes, old (similar here).
5 Easy Ways to Reduce Sugar in Your Diet + Win a Free 6-Pack of Zevia!
I love Zevia’s message “Life’s too sweet for added sugar!” Isn’t that so cute and oh, so true? I know when I am eating well I feel great. When I have my sugar intake in control I function better. Eating vast amounts of sugar has been linked to a myriad of health problems such as mood, dental, skin, joint, and heart problems to name a few. Sugar also has an addictive nature to it. Trust me, I have a huge sweet tooth!
It is not the natural sugars we need to worry about found in whole foods. What we need to pay attention to is the added sugar in processed foods. These added sugars increase calories and add no nutritional value. Isn’t it time to crack down on sugar? I am here to empower you with 5 easy ways to reduce sugar in your diet.
5 Easy Ways to Reduce Sugar in Your Diet
(1) WHAT’S IN YOUR PANTRY? Take a good look at what is in your pantry. Recently, our family went through our pantry and removed food items that we just don’t need to eat. Anything that had high amounts of sugar in it was thrown out (or “enjoyed” for one last time). When junk food is in your pantry it will be hard to avoid temptation.
(2) SMART SHOPPING: Stay healthy by sticking to the parameters of the grocery store. This will ensure that you stick to your dietary goals and needs. The center aisles and shelving near the checkout counters have food items that are stocked with sugar. Stick to the “healthy zones” of the store will keep you conscious of your food choices and help with tip #1.
(3) DON’T SHOP WHEN YOU ARE HANGRY: I think we have all done this. We are so busy from going from point A to B. Checking off to-do tasks on our list without stopping to refuel properly and heading to the grocery store starving! This is a no-no. Shopping when you are hungry often leads to buying the kinds of foods your body doesn’t need. Make sure to have a healthy snack in your purse or eat at home first to go grocery shopping.
(4) GO NATURAL: One of my favorite sweet solutions is swapping out what is not-so-good for what is better. For example, if you are craving something sweet go for nature’s candy! Pick up strawberries, watermelon, apples, plums, and bananas, etc., They will satisfy your sweet tooth and provide you with fiber as well. Remember to add fruit.
(5) REPLACEMENT PLEASE: Enhance foods with natural spices instead of sugar. I have cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg spices on hand to naturally enhance foods that I eat. Also, consider replacing sugar with zero-calorie sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose or saccharin when needed.
One of my favorite treats is soda! However, we all know soda is not good for you because of all of the added sugar. I love a chilled soda and its bubbly on a hot day or after dinner. Thank goodness for Zevia because I can have soda without the undesirable side effects of regular pop drinks. I love their bold and distinctive flavors. Zevia has a large variety of delicious flavors to appease the pickiest soda pop drinkers.
Win a 6-Pack of Zevia Soda
All Zevia drinks are naturally sweetened by the stevia leaf and made with all natural ingredients. It is seriously so delicious and safe for the entire family. Zevia has 0 calories, 0 sugar, and zero artificial flavors. And, it definitely has the fizz I am looking for! Available in 14 different flavors.
I love this soda so much that I want to share with you. I have partnered with Zevia to offer a free 6-pack of Zevia to try for yourself and taste the difference. 20 winners will be selected from the giveaway. Enter to win is easy! All you have to do is follow me and Zevia on Instagram and that is it! Make sure to like the post and tag friends!
Contest begins August 16th and ends on August 23rd. Please share with your friends and family!
This is great. I quit soda cold turkey almost 5 years ago and never looked back. I drink mostly just water but occassionally I need something else, a different taste. This is good.
I have to pick up some Zevia! now that I’m living a healthier lifestyle, I’ve had to give up pop. This looks like a tasty treat that won’t dearil me.
That looks so good! I love all the fruity flavors they have! I have to try some.
Tip #3 is allllll me! I cannot go shopping on an empty stomach because I buy the most unnecessary, unhealthy items!!
these type drinks have become very popular this past year. Anything to help reduce sugar is a good choice.
It’s so hard to cut out sugar when it’s in so many things! My sister and I are trying to do low sugar and dye free for our children and it makes shopping hard. It’s even in most bread! I don’t buy a lot of junk because if they aren’t here, we can’t eat them! I stopped drinking soda over 10 years ago and lost 7 pounds in a week! It was crazy and I haven’t had any since then because of all the added sugar in most of them.
It is so important to not shop when you are hungry. I make the worst buying decisions then.
What, no calories? Oh yes, you can count me in for this one!
I swapped out soda for sparkling water years ago, but I am intrigued by this no sugar soda. I’d be game to give it a taste!
I love Zevia sodas. We also use them for healthier cocktails
I’ve never tried this drink before! That’s pretty awesome! I love that it has zero calories so you don’t have to worry about that!
These look so good. I would love to have some of these.
These look so good, I might have to try them out. I don’t really like sparkling water but Ive actually never tried it out.
Is it terrible that I’m a better shopper when I’m hungry? Overall I don’t drink anything carbonated but occasionally I’ll pick up a sugary snack.
Great tips! I’ve never tried Zevia, definitely interested 🙂
These are such great tips. I only drink sparkling water in my home, so I definitely need to try these!
Great tips. I think I gonna try to do some of them to cut down on the amount of sugar in my food. It has been so unhealthy lately.
I love Zevia! I always drink it and it makes me feel refreshed!
I haven’t seen these before but I definitely need to grab some. It’s been hard to cut out sugary soda from our house and I’m hoping that this will be the way to do it!
Wooo! A new type of pop to try! I am definitely into swapping out sugars. -Emily
My neighbor drinks these all the time but I have never tried them. I didn’t realize the ingredients were more natural. I’ll definitely pick some up the next time I am at the store.
This looks like a refreshing drink to try without the guilt. I stay away from soda because of all those sugars but to have one that is sugar free is fantastic. I am going to get some Zevia to enjoy.
I found that just cutting sugar out of my diet worked best for me, but I will send this post my husband’s way. He would probably appreciate the flavors and the low-sugar substitute more than me.
I think this is awesome this is a zero calorie soda! I havent seen this before but now that I see this on your blog i am sure I will see it more often out shopping.
Anyday I would love to have zero calorie soda, this sounds really nice, I will look for this in my grocery stores.