I received this product for free and working with Zevia for a paid partnership on other social platforms!
Photography by Jeanine Chhim Photography.
5 Easy Ways to Reduce Sugar in Your Diet + Win a Free 6-Pack of Zevia!
I love Zevia’s message “Life’s too sweet for added sugar!” Isn’t that so cute and oh, so true? I know when I am eating well I feel great. When I have my sugar intake in control I function better. Eating vast amounts of sugar has been linked to a myriad of health problems such as mood, dental, skin, joint, and heart problems to name a few. Sugar also has an addictive nature to it. Trust me, I have a huge sweet tooth!
It is not the natural sugars we need to worry about found in whole foods. What we need to pay attention to is the added sugar in processed foods. These added sugars increase calories and add no nutritional value. Isn’t it time to crack down on sugar? I am here to empower you with 5 easy ways to reduce sugar in your diet.
5 Easy Ways to Reduce Sugar in Your Diet
(1) WHAT’S IN YOUR PANTRY? Take a good look at what is in your pantry. Recently, our family went through our pantry and removed food items that we just don’t need to eat. Anything that had high amounts of sugar in it was thrown out (or “enjoyed” for one last time). When junk food is in your pantry it will be hard to avoid temptation.
(2) SMART SHOPPING: Stay healthy by sticking to the parameters of the grocery store. This will ensure that you stick to your dietary goals and needs. The center aisles and shelving near the checkout counters have food items that are stocked with sugar. Stick to the “healthy zones” of the store will keep you conscious of your food choices and help with tip #1.
(3) DON’T SHOP WHEN YOU ARE HANGRY: I think we have all done this. We are so busy from going from point A to B. Checking off to-do tasks on our list without stopping to refuel properly and heading to the grocery store starving! This is a no-no. Shopping when you are hungry often leads to buying the kinds of foods your body doesn’t need. Make sure to have a healthy snack in your purse or eat at home first to go grocery shopping.
(4) GO NATURAL: One of my favorite sweet solutions is swapping out what is not-so-good for what is better. For example, if you are craving something sweet go for nature’s candy! Pick up strawberries, watermelon, apples, plums, and bananas, etc., They will satisfy your sweet tooth and provide you with fiber as well. Remember to add fruit.
(5) REPLACEMENT PLEASE: Enhance foods with natural spices instead of sugar. I have cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg spices on hand to naturally enhance foods that I eat. Also, consider replacing sugar with zero-calorie sweeteners like aspartame, sucralose or saccharin when needed.
One of my favorite treats is soda! However, we all know soda is not good for you because of all of the added sugar. I love a chilled soda and its bubbly on a hot day or after dinner. Thank goodness for Zevia because I can have soda without the undesirable side effects of regular pop drinks. I love their bold and distinctive flavors. Zevia has a large variety of delicious flavors to appease the pickiest soda pop drinkers.
Win a 6-Pack of Zevia Soda
All Zevia drinks are naturally sweetened by the stevia leaf and made with all natural ingredients. It is seriously so delicious and safe for the entire family. Zevia has 0 calories, 0 sugar, and zero artificial flavors. And, it definitely has the fizz I am looking for! Available in 14 different flavors.
I love this soda so much that I want to share with you. I have partnered with Zevia to offer a free 6-pack of Zevia to try for yourself and taste the difference. 20 winners will be selected from the giveaway. Enter to win is easy! All you have to do is follow me and Zevia on Instagram and that is it! Make sure to like the post and tag friends!
View this post on Instagram
[Giveaway Alert] Did you know that 84% of Americans are trying to reduce their sugar intake? I am one of them! My friends at @Zevia and I believe that the key to a happy life is health and balance.This is why I am a total fan of their soda drinks! #giveawayalert … I love Zevia's bold, delicious flavors, and the fizz. Each drink has 0 sugar, 0 calories, and zero artificial flavors! This is reason to celebrate! #zevia #ad … We’re giving away a FREE CASE 6-pack of Zevia soda to TWENTY lucky winners! To enter: 1. Follow @Zevia 💕 2. Follow me 3. Like this photo ✅ 4. Tag a friend – each tag counts as an entry! 🤤 #entertowin … Must be 18 or older and a US or Canadian resident to participate in this #giveaway. We'll announce the winners in the comments on Friday 8/24. … P.S. Head over to my blog to read my post about 5 Easy Ways to Reduce Sugar in Your Diet. I think you will find it helpful! #newblogpost #linkinbio
Contest begins August 16th and ends on August 23rd. Please share with your friends and family!