Albert and I love to get our home ready for the holidays. Christmas time is such a fun and special time of the year for our family. We love celebrating the birth of Christ and also the birthday of our eldest daughter Emi who turns 13 on Christmas Day! It goes without saying that the most important piece in getting our home ready for Christmas is having the perfect Christmas tree. We sure enjoyed spending time together as a couple searching for the perfect Christmas tree at Johnson Brothers Christmas Trees in Irvine, California.
Spending alone time with Albert to find the perfect tree reminds me how valuable the gift of time is. The holidays are an extraordinary time of the year to spend time with your loved ones. Although money can buy gifts and presents of all sorts, time, in my opinion, is the best gift of all. With time you can create the most beautiful memories without spending a great deal of money (or any money at all).
Here are Five Ways to Spending Time With Your Honey Without Spending Any Money:
1. Spend Time Together Outdoors: Spending time outdoors together can promote mental clarity, boost your mood, and physical body. It is an easy and enjoyable way to connect you with your loved one as well as the environment around you. Being outside takes you back to being a kid and having childlike glee with your hubby will in no doubt create some fun and lasting memories.
2. Inspire Fun Conversations: My husband and I have been married for 14 years now and I am finding that I am still getting to know him. I enjoy asking him questions about his childhood, college years, embarrassing moments and his two years in spent in Germany on a church mission.
3. Enjoy Stillness Together: Spending time alone together without saying a word is equally important as verbally communicating. Watching the sunrise or sunset together in silence. Enjoying the views of a beautiful hiking trail alone. Cuddling while watching your favorite movie is another activity that creates closeness and intimacy. My point is make the time to spend time together.
4. Be Engaged In A Cause: This year Albert and I were awarded fitness scholarship to improve our health and wellness. This opportunity brought us closer than ever before. Because we are engaged in a cause we have a common goal and purpose. Supporting one another and looking out for each other and applauding one another of our successes has created a strong connection.
5. Pray As a Couple: Kneeling down together as a couple to pray has a tremendously powerful effect. This habit has transformed our marriage for good. Praying as a couple aligns our hearts and minds as we communicate to our Heavenly Father. Praying has increased our love for one another and for God.
Christmas time is about spending time with our loved ones. Let’s not let anxiety, stress and even apathy of the holidays get in the way of expressing love for your significant other. I am speaking to you from experience, I used to get so caught up in the holiday festivities that it robbed me from spending time with my husband because I felt bombarded by unnecessary obligations to fulfill that were in all actuality — unimportant.
A great reminder of keeping time is having the perfect timepiece to gift your significant other. Jord Wood Watches has a beautifully selection of luxury wood watches to help you track time during the holidays. Each wood watch is meticulously crafted for the modern man or woman in the most contemporary and timeless styles.
Jord Wood Watches has become a favorite of ours, see earlier post about unique Unique Jord Wood Watches. Their cool watches are crafted from woods around the world like Walnut, Sandalwood, Zebrawood, Ebony and Koa.
I know how precious time is during the holiday season and search no further for the perfect gift for the man or woman in your life. Each Jord Wood Watch comes beautifully packaged in its own signature logo wood gift box and a polishing cloth. Personalized engraving is now available to make your gift extra special.
My husband loves large face watches and Jord Wood Watches have that aesthetic with another added bonus, it is comfortable to wear. Albert remarked that his Delmar Series Zebrawood and White Carbon Wood Watch felt light-weight (with a substantial look) which made it comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Albert: Delmar Zebrawood and White Carbon Watch // Timberland Light-Weight Beanie // Men’s Quilted Jacket, similar // Men’s Plaid Shirt, similar // Men’s Lucky Brand Jeans // Men’s Florsheim Wilder Oxford // Debbie: White Double-Breasted Coat, similar // Red Sleevless Maxi Dress // Red Knit Scarf, similar // Sam Edelman Black Fringe Booties, similar // Square Net Stockings
Photography by Melissa Thomson.
Remember, giving your time, attention, and love is the greatest gift of all. Christmas time is about bonding with those that you love. Ignore the pull to be everywhere doing everything during the holidays. Your time is best spent creating memories with your significant other to be cherished for years to come.
Get Your Own $25 E-Gift Code from Jord Wood Watches
I am teaming up with Jord Wood Watches to wish you a Merry Christmas! Be amazed by their unique collection of Men’s Watches and Women’s Watches. Everyone who enters the contest will receive a $25 electronic gift code for your future purchase. Please, enter contest by December 16TH, 2016.
Thank you Jord Wood Watches for sponsoring this post. All my thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I love which help me bring the best to Thine Own Style Be True.